Monday, April 13, 2009

Mcleodganj Trip by Bus














(I am just wearing a cap)
"I rarely end up where I was intending to go, but often I end up somewhere that I needed to be."- Douglam Adams














"A good traveller is one who doesn't know from where he is coming, and the better traveller is somebody who doesn't know where he is going" Unknown(Actually I have read this somewhere)










“A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving.” - Lao Tzu

“Travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living.” - Miriam Beard

With some of these thoughts in mind , one saturday I packed my bags and left for ISBT. Just wanted to go somewhere. Where? I didn't know that.Intentionally i didn't want to decide.

I had never travelled like this earlier. Travelling alone , completely unplanned.

SO I reached ISBT at 10:30 PM and started navigating. Jaipur,bikaner,jaisalmar,Manali,Dharamshala.....There is a fun element.Since you have not planned , there is no ejection of best bus,best seat availablity,timings etc...So there was a delux bus f\going to Dharamshala at 11:20PM. So me and lron(my trekking bag's name) were together again.SO was all set to go to Dharamshala and could do some parasailing in palampur.



Went inside and was trying to fit LRON on upper shelf/rack of the bus, but it was not fitting properly. Suddenly I decided , let's go somewhere else and not to take this bus.(I know it is quite wierd, but this the best part of travelling alone. You command your own decisions.No iff's , no butt's).



So taken another bus to Pathankot this time.









So reached pathankot early morning. Again to decide- dalhauzi or Mcleodganj. This time my preference of monastries overpowered the former.




This trip was actually came out the way I wanted. visited few villages on the way,tibetan massaged,played chess with Italian guy,caram with local shopkeepers.






Posted by Picasa

No comments: